Are you looking to increase the equity in your home in order to sell it quickly? Besides paying down your mortgage with additional payments and such, consider making a few minor fixes that will change the overall look and feel of your home and draw more potential buyers to the property. Get rid of clutter and focus on changes that will appeal to a larger pool of buyers.
Here are some additional tips to help increase your homes’ value.
1. Make updates to the electrical and plumbing if needed. This will provide you with a solid return on investment and if you are selling your home will make the home inspection process much smoother.
2. Updating kitchens and bathrooms will make your home more appealing to potential buyers. Whether you choose a complete renovation or just polish these rooms up with a fresh coat of paint and new appliances, you will be sure to increase the value of your home.
3. Paint goes a long way with regard to the overall aesthetic of your home. Choose lighter colors to make the rooms look bigger, as well as choose colors that will appeal to a greater number of potential buyers.
4. Spruce up your curb appeal by adding some low maintenance plants or shrubs, a sturdy mailbox and get rid of the weeds!
5. Get rid of old carpets and consider new wood or tile flooring throughout. This clean look will offer a higher return on investment.
In the meantime, contact New England Home Mortgage to get pre-qualified for a mortgage on your new home.